Happy Birthday James!! Decadent, Triple-Decker, Vanilla and Chocolate Vegan Oreo Cake!
You're gonna love this one! It's a Decadent, Triple-Decker, Vanilla and Chocolate Vegan Oreo Cake! (Oreos happen to be vegan by default - not that they're good for you). It's one of the best cakes I've ever made (rivals the Mocha Latte Cake even!)
4 cup unbleached flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 cup water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup veggie margarine
2 cup raw sugar
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3/4 c cocoa powder (see instructions- adding it later)
a bag of Oreo Cookies (vegan by default)- (see instructions first)
1. Mix all the ingredients together (except the cocoa powder) in a large bowl with a fork or whisk until smooth.
2. Separate 1/3 of the cake mix into a different bowl (this will be the vanilla section of the cake. Add 7 crumbled Oreo cookies to it and set aside.
3. Add 3/4 c cocoa powder to the other large bowl with the 2/3 cake batter. Stir in until fully blended. Preheat the oven to 350 (middle rack available).
4. Grease 3 cake pans of equal size with straight edges (not tapered), with veggie margarine or vegetable oil. Pour the vanilla bowl into one, and the chocolate divided into two pans (doesn't have to be exactly the same amount).
5. Put them all in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out dry when you poke them.
4 1/2 c icing sugar
4 T veggie margarine
3 T vegetable shortening
2 t vanilla extract
1/4 t sea salt
1 1/2 T almond milk (or whatever vegan milk you like)
Oreo Cookies (see instructions- add separately)
cocoa powder (also see instructions)
1. Mix all the ingredients (except for the cocoa powder and Oreos) together in a food processor until smooth. Scoop it out into a container with a lid, and let it chill for a bit in the fridge.
2. On a cooled cake spread the icing between the layers and the over the whole thing.
3. Place a paper towel over the iced cake, patting and smoothing it. Touch up wherever needed and pat again with a new paper towel. This will give a really nice finish. Use a patterned paper towel if you want it to leave a lacy design in the icing!
4. Crumble Oreos over the surface of the cake and then dip you hands in cocoa powder and pat around the edges of the cake. That's it! (sounds harder than it actually is).
Hey guys! I finally found a free version of Forks Over Knives (let's hope the link stays up). So without further ado, here it is! (click...
Mimi Kirk was voted Sexiest Vegetarian over 5o a couple of years ago... She's looking better than ever, and she credits her vega...
Chocolate pudding that's good for you!? You're going to freak out when I tell you that it takes only 3 minutes to prepare... ...
Nutrition and Behavior: A World Without Water: No Impact Man: Earthlings: A Cow At My Table: Corporation: Milk: T...
Ok, so my two week detox is over and I want to tell you some of what the results are so you might go and try this yourself. I wa...
I made this Photoshop image, and then thought to myself, "If mermaids were real, would there be laws against harvesting them for fo...
Good morning my lovelies! It's time to whip you into shape with our beautiful-vegan-boot-camp! We're going to focus on 3 really...
This is what I ate for dinner last night. I was feeling kind of down because I wanted something raw and James was frying up some vegan per...
1. Sprouts: Probably the simplest thing to grow inside, and full of nutrients, are sprouts of various plants such as alfalfa, bean...
VEAGAN MYTH-BUSTER # 1. "Vegans are tree-hugging nuts" There are many reasons people choose the vegan lifestyle, whether it...
for all their help with designing / promoting this website.